CCD is a multi-service registered charitable organization providing a broad range of support services for individuals over the age of 16 and their caregivers.
Community Care Durham’s Long Term Care/Emergency Avoidance Program (LEAP) is a full fee for service program available to clients requiring the skills of a Personal Support Worker (PSW) for routine activities of daily living but whose needs cannot be met through Community Care Durham’s regular basket of services, or for clients that require additional PSW support.
We can help!
LEAP provides much-needed assistance to clients with needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health, and who need some support in order to avoid being admitted to a hospital Emergency Department.
What do CCD PSWs provide?
- personal care
- assistance with the activities of daily living
- social interactions
- meal preparation
- client-centered light housekeeping and more.
LEAP services can be scheduled during the day, evening and overnight dependent on client/caregiver needs and invoiced at a rate of $33.50 per hour. A minimum number of hours may be required. On Statutory Holidays the rate is $50.25 per hour.
Where are LEAP services provided?
CCD’s LEAP services are available across Durham Region and are offered in a variety of settings, including seniors’ apartments, social housing buildings or even in a senior’s own home from hub locations in Pickering-Ajax, Whitby-Oshawa and Clarington.
Who provides LEAP services?
CCD Personal Support Workers (PSWs) deliver LEAP services, and are trained to maintain a safe environment.
How Can I Obtain LEAP services?
- For more information CCD’s LEAP services, please call 1-888-255-6680or complete the online referral form found at Request Service.
CCD’s LEAP team also can connect clients with the other integrated community support services offered by Community Care Durham and our partners to support people to live independently in their own homes.
- If you would like to receive more information about CCD services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680or contact a Community Care Durham office nearest you.
- To download a LEAP flyer, please click on the link below: